Saturday, March 6, 2021

Hope for Tomorrow

Hope for Tomorrow Challenge Update

We are into the last quarter to complete the 1000mile challenge raising vital funds for hope for tomorrow.  We have had a lot complete the challenge already and just lately, Margaret and Rob completed theirs together raising a significant amount of funds along the way.  This is what they had to say about their experience:

Margaret - I made it!  1,000 miles completed.  I am so pleased to have achieved the challenge, it has been a good thing for me to do, especially during these times when our movements are restricted.  I am so much fitter than I was before starting to walk every day, Rob can't believe how I sail up the inclines now compared with when I started.  I must thank you for enabling the Challenge to happen, we have enjoyed being part of WhatsApp group, everyone has been so encouraging.  I won't be hanging my boots up but I won't be quite so determined to get out there whatever the weather!

Rob - It is a great feeling to say here are my stats for February showing that I completed the 1,000 mile challenge!  It has been a wonderful thing for me and Margaret to do, it has given us such enjoyment and undoubtedly improved our fitness levels.  Thank you again for your part both in setting it up in the first place and the encouragement you have given us and the others along the way.

It is humbling to see so many people across the UK taking part and for the Health&Hustle this is the second 1000mile challenge we have organised for charity.  So what’s next? It is important to take a break at the end of the challenge whilst we work with Hope for Tomorrow to prepare on another venture planned to start in January 2022.  The next challenge based on feedback from this challenge will give everyone the chance to go at their pace.

If everything goes to plan with the restrictions being lifted we are hoping to have a finish line in place for this challenge, where we can all meet up for a social and celebrate the success of this challenge.  Medals and t-shirts will be coming soon to everyone who registered for the challenge, remember it’s great to reach your goal but we recognise the pure effort of everyone who crossed the start line at the beginning. 

Why? It’s simple, it’s been a tough year for everyone and the restrictions have impacted everyone throughout Covid, completing 100miles, 500miles or the 1000miles is something everyone should be proud of along with all the funds raised along the way.  There is still time to donate and any donations no matter how small will be very much appreciated as everyone plays a part in the fight against cancer https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/h4t1000miles