Sunday, July 23, 2023

Couch 2/2023 Review

That’s it, 9 weeks, 3 runs per week and completing 27 runs in total and seeing a healthy number graduate at the end of the course.there are so many highlights through the duration of the course that we celebrated at the graduation event.  This is a reaction from one of our members Georgia, who picked up the most improved award.

“This is something I never thought I'd ever upload. I am genuinely over the moon to share this news.  I have been attending a Couch to 5k program with the NHS and today, we did our last 30-minute run and graduated from the programme. 


By absolute surprise, I received an additional award of "Most Improved" As someone who is an asthmatic and struggled with running 30 seconds let alone 30 minutes. This is a massive achievement, I would 100% recommend this programme to anybody.  I cannot thank the incredible Health&Hustle Team enough for their support and encouragement throughout the entire programme. Honestly, I have enjoyed every moment of it, even when I thought I couldn't, you guys made me believe that I could.  I cannot wait for the next intake” 

We are extremely proud of all the members who graduated and we had difficulties in selecting the overall winners, however, we finally selected Malissa from GHC who won the 5-10km award and Corine from Countywide IT who won the 5km award.  Presenting the awards at the event, Mary Hutton CEO and Cath Leech CFO from the ICB presented medals, certificates and shirts to everyone who graduated and congratulated everyone on their achievements.


What next? Only a few days before we start the next course 3/2023 on Tuesday 25th July, where we already have a number of registered members attending for the first time, along with members who are returning to retake the course.  Lookout for the Hustle around Brockworth as we continue to stay in the area following the close down of Sanger House in August.